Are you seeking calmness, peace of mind, joy, vibrant health, greater energy, positive relationships and fulfillment in life? Do you wish to be stress-free and worry-free? You can enjoy all these benefits and much more, with meditation. If you’re interested in meditation, here’s a great article from Mayo Clinic ou should read about its innumerable benefits for your body, mind and spirit. As the article says, the rest you gain in meditation is deeper than the deepest sleep. The deeper your rest, the more dynamic your activity is. Meditation has two important benefits. Meditation not only prevents stress from getting into the system, secondly, meditation releases accumulated stress that is in the system.
Both of these happen simultaneously, leaving one refreshed and joyful. With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
As part of an overall healthy lifestyle, meditation is an important element in the reduction of stress – and Serenity Wellness can help you integrate this important tool into your life.